The G.I. Joe Collector's Club has announced it's cleared all the hurdles necessary to launch its Figure Subscription Service (FSS), today. In an e-mail sent to members, the club revelaled details of the FSS including price and tentative shipping schedule. Here are the details with the full e-mail after the jump:
- You must be a collectors' club member
- The first figure is expected to ship in time for Christmas 2012
- There is no release schedule
- The total cost of commitment is $297 plus shipping if paid in full or $303 plus shipping if paid in three monthly installments
- Some figures may be made available to non-subscribers on the club store site for $32
- The free 13th figure for subscribers ships in the sixth and final month
- September 4 at midnight is the last day to subscribe
The FSS will go live today. You can check the club site later for the url. Thanks for your patience while we got this finished. The system is very simple from the user perspective. The complicated part is the part you don't see as we have to be able to installment bill, change shipping docs, change cc info, etc. The admin side is VERY complicated.
I hope that the information below will answer most of your questions. If you have more, use the link at the club site GIJoeClub.com and we will answer and post them at the FAQ.
Thanks again for your support and patience!
1. You must be a member of the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club to take advantage of the Figure Subscription Service.
2. There is NO reason to rush the site or be in a hurry as this is a build to order system. We will build as many as you order, so we cannot run out. YOU CAN ORDER AS MANY AS YOU WANT, there is no limit.
3. What you do need to be concerned about is the closing date of the subscription service, which ENDS on September 4th at midnight.
4. You can either pay In Full or by Installment. There will be 3 installments. When you subscribe and choose pay by Installment, you will be billed for the first two months’ shipments. Then sometime during the second month, you will be billed for the 3rd and 4th months’ shipments and sometime during the 4th month you will be billed for the final 2 months’ shipments.
5. Your free surprise 13th figure will come with your final shipment during the 6th month.
6. The figures will be shipped in random order. All members receive the same figures each month. The figure pairings will not be preannounced. So if you don’t mind, when you get your shipment each month, PLEASE do not go online and tell what you received. We want each shipment to be a surprise for as many members as possible.
7. The cost is $294 if Paid In Full (plus shipping) or three Installments of $98 (plus shipping). Please note that there is a $3 online processing fee for each billing. We take Visa, Discover or MasterCard. Unfortunately we cannot accept Money Orders or Checks for this offer.
8. If you pick a shipping service that does not include insurance or if you don’t pick the insurance, we do not have any responsibility for replacement of lost or damaged or misdirected orders.
9. If you move or need to change your credit card during the program, you can log into your account and change it there. This will change all of your future FSS billings and shipments. We will also be sending you reminders to check your address and cc before each billing/shipment goes out. We are not responsible for shipments that are lost due to incorrect shipping information on file.
10. We are waiting on the final schedule from China so we don’t know exactly when the first figures will ship. We hope it will be by Christmas. We will announce this as soon as we get the final schedule.
11. Some of the figures (single figures) MAY be available in the Club Store after the subscriber’s figures ship. These will be at a price of $32 per figure. There is no guarantee of availability of any of the figures in the club store. If you want to ensure getting these limited edition figures, you need to subscribe to the service.